Things from 2009:
- Swatching. This was the single most important knitting lesson that I learned this year. If you want results, you have to swatch.
- Washing. Once you swatch, wash the poor little thing to see how the yarn acts, reacts, and looks. You might love the un-washed goods and hate the washed goods – or, even better: hate the un-washed and LOVE the washed good. You won’t know until you wash the poor little sucker!
- I dislike knitting with anything thicker than Aran for any length of time. My poor hands can not handle it – they hurt, are sore and become inflamed. Stupid ganglion.
- I love love love my Knit Picks interchangeables. Best investment ever.
- Favourite yarn? Zauberball. Because it’s fun to say.
- O W L S was my favourite project this yarn.
- Mittens are fun. And quick.
Things for 2010:
- Stranded knitting. I have played with colour-work swatches but I have by no means mastered it and would like to feel more confident in these endeavours.
- Short rows and wrapped stitches in the round. I know there is a technique out there that looks good when you knit the wrap together with the stitch while knitting in the round.
- Finish the EPS sweater – all million miles of St st of it!
- Knit my own designs. As my knitting confidence grows, it’s so exciting to be knitting my own creations.
- Try a larger variety of yarns. I have been terrible about buying the same yarn and knitting with it rather than branching out and trying other things.
- Spin more. Placing my wheel out in the living room has helped immensely with spinning more frequently and I want to make a concerted effort to continue to practice and enjoy it!
- Continue to love love love knitting, fibre, spinning and everything else textile related!
Happy New Year! I wish you and yours health and happiness in the coming year!