The first installment of my monthly video posting! For show notes, see below. If I haven’t linked to something, please leave a comment and I will share the links.
Prepping to spin //
On the Wheel //
- Malabrigo Nube Persia – finished two ply
- Unknown Medium – Coarse Crossbreed – super strong, long stapled, combing
- Diana @ 100milewear
- Robert Hawkins combs
- Hedgehog Fibres 50/50 Merino – I said Beata is from Holland but I meant Ireland
- Sweet Georgia Glitterati
- Smith & Ewe Superwash Merino blended with Angelina Sparkle
- CURLS ebook
Handspun Knitting //
- Christmas Shawl – Ewe & Me Fibre Arts in Texas on Stellar base, Cola Classic colourway, 2-ply
- Asunder by Lisa Mutch of Northbound Knitting
- I mention several times about superwash-treated combed top and roving, as well as superwash in finished yarn and wool. I am starting to avoid superwash for a few reasons but the main reason is that it is actually leaving a rash on the palms of my hands after spinning. Knitting with it doesn’t seem to matter up to this point. There seems to be something on some of the superwash-treated fibre out there that I am allergic to since it doesn’t seem to be all superwash-treated fibre and I don’t seem to have a problem (yet?!) with commercially spun and dyed superwash wool. At this point, I am happy to educate me family on the washing practices of 100% wool pieces and foster in them a love of pure, untreated wool.
Happy Spinning & see you in February with an update on my spinning :) In the meantime, happy knitting!