Vancouver, BC, Canada
I’m creative, caring and humourous. I love to laugh and chat about what inspires people.
In the past, I would have said my favourite crafting is my knitting but that has changed to be handspinning. I still share my ideas, projects, pitfalls and successes around knitting, but my focus is to share in depth about my spinning. I am looking forward to sharing that journey with you here.
Some fun facts about me?
- My husband and I met at Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany,
- We are currently in the throws of raising a little boy named James and a little girl named Norah,
- My favourite colours are ochre yellows and navy blue, and
- If pressed, I would say I’m a sweater knitter.
- I spin the monthly fibre club from Sweet Georgia Yarns and feature the handspun yarn over there at the end of each month. Head here to see the previous months’ clubs all in one place!
Looking for more information about the weekly vlog, Wool n’ Spinning? The podcast is in fact over due to post-production constraints but I have made a big leap to start a weekly show that will be available here and YouTube on Thursday nights at ~10pm (PST).
Wool n’ Spinning will focus on Creating spinning content for handspinners of all levels. Participating in community, inspiration & motivation. Fostering the love of making yarn. Participants in the community are able to participate on a Slack channel to get to know one another more deeply, gain support and help, and engage with a community of people who love spinning as much as we do regardless of their geographical location. There is a monthly ‘fibre club’ that participants are able to sign up for if they are interested, as well as group and one-on-one support from me. All of this and more can be found here. Thank you for your support!
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at:
rachel [at] welfordpurls [dot] com
or find me on Ravelry as welfordpurls
or find me on Instagram as welfordpurls
or find me on Twitter as @welfordpurls
or find me on Pinterst as welfordpurls