The Wool n’ Spinning Podcast
Episode 14 :: Getting Started with Sampling
I’m not sure what happened but part of the sampling segment was missing and the other part repeated twice! I’m sorry for this major inconvenience but you only saw part of the story of how I sample. If you’d like to see just this segment (in it’s entirety), head to 2:10 minutes.
Thank you for watching! This week’s show features my process for sampling and creating my spinner’s control cards, my current WIPs and answering a quick question!
I am a Craftsy affiliate. This means that when you click on the Craftsy ad within my website and purchase a class or supplies, I receive credit for it. It is a great way to support the show and much appreciated! Thank you!
General Housekeeping //
Get your Goals & Aspirations for 2016 into the thread in the Ravelry group to be entered for the Smith and Ewe pencil roving (the thread will close on Sunday, Jan 24).
Get your Introductions finished for the 1 year PLY magazine giveaway (the thread will close Sunday, Feb 21).
Sweet Georgia Yarns’ BFL + Silk in limited colourway for Spinzilla 2015 Pacific Spirit
Tips & Tech //
- Sweet Georgia Yarns’ BFL + Silk in ‘Pacific Spirit’ carded up (Ravelry project page here) and sampled in the Tips & Tech segment.
- BFL article by Abby Franquemont here.
Current WIPs //
- Learning how to spin Thick and Thin (Ravelry project page here). Used the Craftsy class, Spinning Art Yarn with Jacey Boggs Faulkner, as my guide.
- Overdyed Sweet Georgia Yarns Polwarth + Silk in “Cloudbreak” for the Succulent Shawl by Maria Montzka (Ravelry project page here). Shaelyn shawl by Leila Raab here for comparison.
- Cheviot socks (handspun project page here and knitting project page here).
What I’m Wearing //
If you’re looking for something and can’t find it, please leave a comment and I’ll get in touch!