I hope you enjoy the show! Thank you for spending time with me & the community.
Fibres West Reflection
- THANK YOU for the pre-orders! We have ordered the second proof b/c we needed to make some changes to the layout. Will have the book in-hand within the month and will start shipping immediately. If you missed and would still like to pre-order (this helps immensely with knowing how many to order), please click here.
- West Coast Colour – Lynne Anderson – Rambouillet yarn “Homestead”
- Katrina is going to dye it for the colours of The Throwback by Andrea Mowry
- GIVEAWAY fibre! 2 colourways for April’s giveaway – Pop into the Ravelry group and tell us about some of your favourite patterns for handspun (I’ll add them to the handspun pattern bundle later in the Spring).
- Disdero Ranch – rolags from her flock
- Will divide the rolags in half to spin myself & share another set with you – will be May’s giveaway! Stay tuned
- Gave a talk about socks, yarn structure & colour management – felt very supported by my friends who attended and engaged. Thank you!
Works in Progress
- Disdero Ranch Romney
- Spinning short backward without smoothing
- Medium twist single
- Will ply high twist and sample on the loom with some various patterning before spinning anymore
- Just need second bobbin!
- 2/2 twill – thinking about a large piece of fabric for a dress … or tunic …
- Smith & Ewe SW Merino & Nylon Cabled Yarn
- First sock completed – continues to untwist as I knit however with some feedback after last show, have been able to change how I hold the yarn & it is minimizing the untwisting.
- Crafty Jaks March Club – Teeswater
- Gradient spin
- Nests of fibre
- Singles spin on my Lendrum at 15:1 – short backward draft, large distance between my hands due to the staple length
- Kept the draft really light and no smoothing, just ran my fingers back in order to pinch and pull again
- Lovely halo, sport weight singles – going to use in some sort of a weaving experiment!
- Breed & Colour Study – Looking Glass shawl, designed by myself
- White à normal à black
- Tunis spin for white – combed more and spun to make more yarn
- Leftover couple of yarns
- Beautiful sheen
- Slightly coarser than my fibre that I’d received but spun up beautifully
- Unbraided – proof in our hands!
- Pre-orders were announced on the website and Patreon at the end of March – thank you!! Pre-orders are still live since I haven’t streamed since we received the proof – links here
- E-Books will be coming shortly for those wishing to wait for a paperless copy
- Breed & Colour Studies – Next installment has begun!
- Please listen to Wool n’ Spinning Radio ep. 34
- April 15th @ 9:00am PST orders will go live!
- Blog post will be forth coming – please watch Patreon & the blog for links
- This month’s sponsor of the show is Color Storms
- April’s Breed & Colour Study will commence on April 1st – fibre orders open Monday, April 15th at 9am PST – links coming in a post within the next week
- Calendar giveaway
- Patreon Giveaway (calendar):
- April Giveaway – 2 people (missed March) – Enter in April Episode thread
- Tell us about your favourite knitting/weaving patterns for handspun – I’ll add them to our handspun pattern bundle later in the Spring in the Rav group
- April giveaway – sponsored by Westcoast Colour (Lynn)
- Tell us about a breed specific yarn or fibre from a farm that you have worked with or would like to work with (with links to the farm/shop if possible) and why it was so great – what separated it from conventional commercial yarn?
- 51 Yarns SAL – working through double-coated wools at the moment. Monthly teaching Vlog goes through my experiments for the month & Thoughtful Spinner chronicles my woven long-wool scarf that I made over Christmas.
- Support the Show for small business owners – information on the blog and/or email me directly for more
- Newsletter for Wool n’ Spinning
- Helps to let everyone know about upcoming dates for the community all in one space
- Access the sign-up on the blog in the bar at the top of the page
- Published once per month