Dear Spinning Circle,
Direct YouTube Link here
Thank you for being here today, especially those who were able to make it to the Live Stream. I appreciate your time spent here in this place with me. I hope you feel most welcome because you are welcome here.
Enjoy the show!
Live Chat Assistance here.
There is a lot going on in our community! It’s a lot to cover and remind you of each week. If you are curious about what happens in our community, please click the links below, reach out to me: rachel @ welfordpurls (dot) com, or reach out on Instagram/Ravelry/Slack (if you are a Patreon member, @welfordpurls_admin).
Be sure to sign up for the Wool n’ Spinning Newsletter at welfordpurls.com
Tin Can Knits ALONG Ravelry thread here & use #sweaterspin channel on Slack
Book Club – for more information, check the #booksbooksbooks channel on Slack (patrons only)
On & Off the Needles & Bobbins
Finished Objects – Spinning
- Lendrum Saxony – 18:1, Scotch Tension
- Filed away burr on flyer – spinning beautifully now!
- Plied on Ashford e-Spinner 3 at ~2 o’clock; plied to a twist angle of 45 degrees prior to feeding onto bobbin
Works in Progress – Spinning
Sanjo Silk – Tasar
- Discussed this project on The Wool Circle some weeks back (Episode 24 here)
- Majacraft Suzie Pro, ratio 11.4:1 (anything higher was too much twist — gasp! I know!)
- half-draft, continuous backwards, smoothing
Disdero Ranch Shetland
- Spin for my Albini Cardigan by Orlane Sucche
- Spinning woollen, allowing twist into the drafting zone & no smoothing
- Light airy 3-ply, high twist angle for plying (durability and loft)
Works in Progress – Knitting
Sauvabelin Sweater by Jessica Gore
- Custom Woollen Mills fingering (swatched to sport weight, rustic)
- 3.75mm/US 5 needles = gauge
#07 Tunic Cardigan (direct pattern link in Rav) by Joan Forgione
- commercial yarn: Patagonia Organic Merino, colourways Sand & Smoked
- needles swatching 4.5mm/US 7
For September, tell us about a blend you spun that you didn’t expect to be as wonderful as it was or a blend you are dreaming about spinning!
Episode thread here or comment below here on YouTube!
Breed & Colour Studies
Greta (@backtobasics) shares: Just finished my breed and colour study; loved working with the yarn as soon as I was finished making it.
Thank you so much for joining me today!
Until then, Happy Spinning!