Dear Spinning Circle,
Thank you for being here today, especially those who were able to make it to the Live Stream. I appreciate your time spent here in this place with me. I hope you feel most welcome because you are welcome here.
Enjoy the show!
Live Chat Assistance here.
Be sure to sign up for the Wool n’ Spinning Newsletter at welfordpurls.com.
Breed & Colour Studies
Breed & Colour went live on July 15th! If you missed ordering and want to participate, there are still some options for you in Katrina’s shop here.
The fibre we will be studying is Charollais, inspired by Greta’s photo (copyright, Greta @thewarmestrow, 2020):
Options: Batt or prepared kit for you to explore on your own!
Opening! A package that arrived recently in the mail from Sanjo Silk! Many thanks to Diana!
For July, tell us about your most challenging yarn you’ve ever spun! Episode thread here.
#booksbooksbooks channel on Slack
As a community, we are delving into a Jane Austen Book Club. We will be reading Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen. Reading can begin anytime and @bethy40 (Becca) in our community will be coordinating Zoom Book Clubs for us to meet within to discuss chunks of the book at a time.
We are currently reading How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi. We are discussing dates to meet and come together for this monthly book club.
Tour de Fleece – June 27 – July 19
Please post your finished spins/yarns in this thread here for a random drawing – I’ll send out some stitch markers & twist angle cards next week!
Prizes will be mailed out to the following people (thank you so much for participating!):
1. (BFL) #285 – @rebbiejaye (Rebecca)
2. (BFL) #17 (TdF FO Thread) – @Knittermum (Cath)
3. (Becca’s Prize) #331 – @crittlet (Crystal)
4. (Stitch Markers) #148 – @tdevknits (Trudie)
5. (Stitch Markers) #289 – @2ndzephyr (Tamar)
6. (Stitch Markers) #241 – @mekaerwin (Michelle)
Community-wide call to everyone in the community to participate in our Crafty Jaks Along to honour some of the people in our community! Cast on date: April 1st, 2020 with cast off deadline July 31st, 2020 – Random drawing will next weekend!
This is a time to do what we do best and get creative. This is the time to make and lift up others – please read Rebecca’s blog post to learn more about this Makealong and event if you would like to learn more about the creation of this amazing event. #mwlalong
Works in Progress – Spinning
- Lendrum Saxony – 18:1, Scotch Tension
- Filed away burr on flyer – spinning beautifully now!
Finished Objects – Knitting
Crosswise Cadence Mitts by Amy Odin
- Yarn: Created by Elsie B. Targhee, worsted spun 2-ply handspun
- Needles: 2.75mm/US 2 DPN
- Size M
Works in Progress – Spinning & Knitting
- Yarn: Friesian fleece, woollen spun 2-ply, WPI 11-12 – Lovely dark brown with heathering from the lighter tips
- Needles: 4.5mm/US 7
- Size 36.5” bust (S)
Albini by Orlane Sucche
- Disdero Ranch 100% Shetland 3-ply
- woollen prep – pin-drafted roving, spun semi-worsted (continuous backwards w/o smoothing)
- swatch gauge: 19 stitches x 4 inches
Poet by Sari Norland
- Swans Island Natural Colors Collection in Goldenrod, fingering (100% Merino)
- gauge swatch, 3.5mm needles
Wool & Honey by Andrea Mowry
- Custom Woollen Mills, 2-ply sock, heavy fingering
- gauge swatch = larger gauge than pattern, 3.00mm needles
Thank you so much for joining me today!
Until then, Happy Spinning!