Dear Spinning Circle,
Direct YouTube Link here.
We never got to the spin that I prepped this week and started spinning! We were busy talking about other things — I will share it next week!
Thank you for being here today, especially those who were able to make it to the Live Stream. I appreciate your time spent here in this place with me. I hope you feel most welcome because you are welcome here.
Enjoy the show!
Live Chat Assistance here.
There is a lot going on in our community! It’s a lot to cover and remind you of each week. If you are curious about what happens in our community, please click the links below, reach out to me: rachel @ welfordpurls (dot) com, or reach out on Instagram/Ravelry/Slack (if you are a Patreon member, @welfordpurls_admin).
Be sure to sign up for the Wool n’ Spinning Newsletter at welfordpurls.com.
Tin Can Knits ALONG Ravelry thread here & use #sweaterspin channel on Slack
Book Club – for more information, check the #booksbooksbooks channel on Slack (patrons only)
On & Off the Needles & Bobbins
Finished Objects – Spinning
Sanjo Silk – Tasar
- Discussed this project on The Wool Circle some weeks back (Episode 24 here)
- Majacraft Suzie Pro, ratio 11.4:1 (anything higher was too much twist — gasp! I know!)
- half-draft, continuous backwards, smoothing
Works in Progress – Spinning
Disdero Ranch Shetland
- Spin for my Albini Cardigan by Orlane Sucche
- Spinning woollen, allowing twist into the drafting zone & no smoothing
- Light airy 3-ply, high twist angle for plying (durability and loft)
Works in Progress – Knitting
Love Note by Tin Can Knits
- Small Bird Workshop 80/20 CVM/Mohair pin-drafted roving (handspun page here)
- Spun on Ashford e-Spinner 3 – continuous backward draft, full draft & minimal smoothing
- Knit swatch – 16 stitches per 4 inches with yarn HELD DOUBLE
Albini by Orlane Sucche – on HOLD for more spinning
- Disdero Ranch 100% Shetland 3-ply
- woollen prep – pin-drafted roving, spun semi-worsted (continuous backwards w/o smoothing)
- swatch gauge: 19 stitches x 4 inches
#07 Tunic Cardigan by Joan Forgione
- Vogue Knitting 25 Year Anniversary Issue
- Juniper Moon Farm Patagonia Organic Merino in Sand & Smoked
- 4.00mm/US 7 for Mosaic knitting & 3.75mm/US 5 ribbing
For September, tell us about a blend you spun that you didn’t expect to be as wonderful as it was or a blend you are dreaming about spinning!
Episode thread here or comment below here on YouTube!
Breed & Colour Studies
Maggie (@nestingmag) shares: I finishing spinning my B&C study batt. I went for soft singles. I split the batt so that the yarn starts at the bright pink color then goes through the colors and back to pink. My plan is a shawl and I think I’ve picked a pattern – Big Waffle (boomerang) by Susan Ashcroft
Thank you so much for joining me today!
Until then, Happy Spinning!