Dear Spinning Circle,
Once again, the school year has crept up on me and Lo! We are here already: Up to our necks in school work! Far from a bad thing, this is a lovely return to routine. The podcast has been Live Streamed a couple of times this month already, I am reading a really good book & we have eaten some really good food!
Remember that we are getting down to the wire for knitting your Attune Shawls – share your progress, spinning & knitting in the Ravelry thread here and submit your FO photos here (chatter-free) for Prizes! POST DEADLINE: September 30th.
Wool n’ Spinning Radio
This month, Rebecca and I sat down with Linda Jennings of ColorStorms. We had a lovely conversation about creating colour with natural dyes & I hope you enjoy listening!
Subscribe to Wool n’ Spinning Radio on all your podcast providers to stay up to date on the conversation! Click here to listen.
Do you want to be on Wool n’ Spinning Radio? Reach out and send Rachel a note – she’d love to hear from you!
Year of Colour | Spinning Purls
Rebecca and I introduced our Year of Colour idea back in the fall but now it’s time to really dive in. Getting started with colour:
- The Wool Circle | BONUS Episode 83 | Intro to Year of Colour (Part I) with Katrina & Rebecca
- The Wool Circle | Episode 84 | Intro to Colour with Katrina & Rebecca (Wool Circlers)
- Spinning Purls | Introduction & Describing Colour (Part I) Vlog
- Spinning Purls | Introduction & Describing Colour PDF (Wool Circlers)
- Check here for more!
Events in September include lots of spinning and exploring!
The Wool Circle | Combination Drafting Exploration
In Spinning Purls, we are continuing with the Colour Contrasts!
This month, we explored Contrast of Saturation … I am kind of smitten with the yarns that I made for this study!
Next month, we will be discussing Contrast of Proportion … hang tight — we are almost finished all the Contrasts of Colour!
Lastly, we have the PDF published of the Exploring Sheep Fleece Vlog ready! You can find that here.
Indexes to Keep Up With All the Things:
- The Wool Circle
- Wool n’ Spinning Radio
- Spinning Purls & How I Spin
- Slack channel and Ravelry
- Useful Links here – click pin on the post to keep it at the top of your feed!
- For a softcover copy of How I Spin: A Sock Study, check here & e-book link here
- For softcover copies of Unbraided: The Art & Science of Spinning Colour, check here
If there is anything missing that you’d like to see in our Housekeeping post, please let me know!
P.S. What is Ketchup & Pickles, anyway? It came from my son, James, actually! He told me it is a chance to ‘catch-up’ and play (pickles).