Dear Spinning Circle,
Thank you for being here today, especially those who were able to make it to the Live Stream. I appreciate your time spent here in this place with me. I hope you feel most welcome because you are welcome here.
Enjoy the show!
Live Chat Assistance here.
ONGOING Yarn Substitution Content – May – August 2020
Q&A Sessions for our YARN SUB content! A new tier is active on Patreon for those wishing to participate in Q&A sessions for the YARN SUB content!
Be sure to sign up for the Wool n’ Spinning Newsletter at welfordpurls.com.
For a softcover copy of How I Spin: A Sock Study, check here.
Breed & Colour Studies
More coming July 1st and dates will be released soon for our next round! We will be releasing the breed we will be studying and Katrina has been dyeing up a storm!
PLEASE NOTE THAT SHIPPING WILL BE DELAYED FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE DUE TO ACCESS ISSUES.
For June, tell us about your current spinning projects & things you are thinking about presently!
#booksbooksbooks channel on Slack
As a community, we are delving into a Jane Austen Book Club. We will be reading Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen. Reading can begin anytime and @bethy40 (Becca) in our community will be coordinating Zoom Book Clubs for us to meet within to discuss chunks of the book at a time. We will also be meeting monthly to explore a book-of-the-month on anti-racism work. If you are interested, please get in touch with myself or Becca.
Community-wide call to everyone in the community to participate in our Crafty Jaks Along to honour some of the people in our community! Cast on date: April 1st, 2020 with cast off deadline July 31st, 2020
This is a time to do what we do best and get creative. This is the time to make and lift up others – please read Rebecca’s blog post to learn more about this Makealong and event if you would like to learn more about the creation of this amazing event.
Excited to be casting on with Katrina’s B-fabu-licious yarn in an OOAK that she had in stock (that I love) and making Anker’s Cardigan by PetiteKnits, a PURELY selfish knit at this time!
I’ve completed spinning my batt from Crafty Jak’s and have begun knitting the Ardent shawl. I spun the yarn as a gradient and the fibre was lovely to spin.
#zerotohero Make-Along – Spinning from fibre -> yarn -> item
I have been bad about checking in here but I finished my Zero to Hero project. This is my first handspun sweater but not my last. I put notes in my project page. I am really happy with how it turned out and am looking forward to wearing it lots in the fall and winter.
Thanks so much for sharing Everyone!
Make NINE Progress
Works in Progress – Knitting
Vellichor by Andrea Mowry
- Crafty Jaks Tough & Tender in ‘Ocean’ and handspun Targhee/Bamboo/Silk in ‘Pesuta’
- Started on 3.25mm/US 3 needles
- Relaxed knitting, taking my time, no deadlines
- James is helping me to card it all — very downy and spongy
- Lovely dark brown with heathering from the lighter tips
- Pulled off 2nd skein – 15% again in the washing, total 420 yards towards total spin (1100 yards goal for sweater)
- Spun to a DK (11 WPI) and very light to the hand – sample is just a few grams
- Knit sample on 5.00mm, 4.5mm, 4,00mm needles
Works in Progress – Spinning
Three Waters Farm & Unlabelled 100% Falkland – Combo Spin
- Ashford eSpinner – mindless spin – finished 1st bobbin!
- Aiming for 18WPI for a finished 11WPI DK yarn
- Don’t want tons of yardage – would like to make a good-sized shawl
- Stash busting – #groomyourstash with Sasha of Sheepspot
Westcoast Colour Orgasm, 50/50 Camel/Silk
- Lendrum Very Fast Flyer – ratios possible are 26:1, 30:1, 36:1, 44:1
- Short forward, playing with from the fold, just enjoying getting to know the Lendrum flyer
Finished Objects – Weaving
Pinwheel Towels – Ravelry Project Page here
- 2/2 twill, two colour, 18EPI
- Simple patterning — need to get off the loom for kids’ teacher’s year-end gifts! Working on them like mad!
Thank you so much for joining me today!
Until then, Happy Spinning!